Bob Martin Clear Wormer Spot on for Cats and Kittens - 2 Tubes
- Treats tapeworm for up to 1 month.
- Easy to apply at the base of the cat’s neck.
- Suitable for kittens and cats over 1kg.
- Each pipette contains 20mg of praziquantel.
Worming your cat is important to keep your cat happy and healthy whilst also safeguarding your home from infestations. Bob Martin Clear Spot on Wormer for Cats and Kittens is a fast and effective treatment for tapeworm infestations.
Cats can contract worms in a variety of ways such as, being in contact with other infected fleas, eating their eggs or larvae e.g. in grass, or by eating raw meat infected by parasites. In more severe cases symptoms can include weight loss, vomiting and diarrhoea.
This pack contains 2 treatments to effectively kill and eradicate common tapeworms affecting cats, including:
- Flea tapeworm.
- Taenia taeniaeformis.
- Echinococcus multilocularis.
How to use
For external use only – apply to an area where the animal cannot lick it off and do not allow pets to lick each other after treatment.
- For animal treatment only.
- The minimum dose rate is 8mg/kg bodyweight, which equates to 1 tube per 2.5kg bodyweight.
- DO NOT administer Bob Martin Clear Wormer 20mg Spot on Solution by mouth.
- Weigh your cat carefully before calculating the dose.
|Bodyweight||Number of Tubes||Quantity of Praziquantel||mg/kg bw|
|1 – 2.5kg||1||20mg||8 – 20|
|>2.5 – 5kg||2||40mg||8 – 16|
Note: If your cat weighs more than 5kg apply an extra tube per 2.5kg bodyweight.
- Hold the tube upright and snap off the top section of the cap opening the tube.
- Part the coat on the back of the neck immediately behind the head until the skin is visible. If the cat is wearing a collar remove it first so that it does not restrict application. Correct application will minimise the chance for your cat to lick the product.
- Tap the narrow part of the tube to ensure the contents are within the main body of the tube. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and slowly squeeze the entire contents onto the skin. Each application will be absorbed into the skin. Allow the contents of each tube to be absorbed before applying any additional tubes.
- To minimise the possibility of run-off after application of more than one pipette, it is advised that the applications should be performed slowly to allow absorption and that it may be advisable to allow the contents of the previous pipette to be absorbed before applying another.
It is recommended to re-apply the product when signs of tapeworm infestation re-appear or at monthly intervals.
Each pipette contains 20mg praziquantel:
- Praziquantel prevents newly hatched worms from growing or multiplying inside the body.
SPECIAL WARNINGS FOR USE IN ANIMALS
- For external use only.
- Do not use on cats weighing less than 1 kg bodyweight.
- Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance.
- There are no contraindications against use during pregnancy and lactation.
- Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the eyes or mouth of the recipient animal.
- Occasionally a transient local reaction may be observed at the application site following treatment.
- The product is bitter tasting and if the cat licks the site of application salivation may occur. This is not a sign of intoxication and will disappear within a few minutes of treatment.
- Overdosing can lead to slight skin reactions which disappear without treatment within a few days.
- If signs of reaction persist or appear consult a veterinary surgeon.
- The product can be an irritant to the skin and eyes.
- Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the skin or eyes.
- If accidental contact with the skin or eyes occurs, wash off any skin contamination with soap and water immediately. Rinse the affected eyes thoroughly with clean, fresh water.
- In the event of skin or eye contact, seek medical advice if irritation persists and show the doctor this package.
- Do not stroke or groom animals until the area of application is dry (typically around 1 hour after application).
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.
- Keep product in the outer carton.
- Store away from food, drink and animal food.
- Keep recently treated pets away from varnished, polished, plastic or leather surfaces.
FOR BEST RESULTS
There is no permanent treatment for worms. It is recommended to re-apply the product when signs of tapeworm infestation re-appear or at monthly intervals. It is also important to remove sources of possible re-infection such as fleas and mice as these sources can bring worms. As such, it is key to treat worms as soon as there are any signs of flea infestations.
How We Compare
|Product||Spot on solution||Kills Tapeworms||Effective in one dose||Available in all major supermarkets||In-store self selection||Prescription required||Active Ingredients||More than 125 years of expertise|
|ProductBob Martin Clear||Spot on solution||Kills Tapeworms||Effective in one dose||Available in all major supermarkets||In-store self selection||Prescription required||Active IngredientsPraziquantel, pyrantel embonate||More than 125 years of expertise|
|ProductAdvocate spot on||Spot on solution||Kills Tapeworms||Effective in one dose||Available in all major supermarkets||In-store self selection||Prescription required||Active IngredientsImidacloprid, Moxidectin||More than 125 years of expertise|
|ProductDrontal tablets||Spot on solution||Kills Tapeworms||Effective in one dose||Available in all major supermarkets||In-store self selection||Prescription required||Active IngredientsPraziquantel, Pyrantel||More than 125 years of expertise|
|ProductJohnson one dose ormer||Spot on solution||Kills Tapeworms||Effective in one dose||Available in all major supermarkets||In-store self selection||Prescription required||Active IngredientsPraziquantel, Pyrantel||More than 125 years of expertise|
Bob Martin Clear
Praziquantel, pyrantel embonate
Advocate spot on
Johnson one dose ormer