A flea’s lifecycle
Fleas can be particularly persistent and can easily grow into a huge problem for your pet, your home and you. It’s important to know what products to use to not only get rid of adult fleas, but to kill fleas at each stage of the lifecycle to prevent re-infestation!
- Adult fleas: jump onto pets to feed. Females lay eggs, which results in lots more fleas!
- Flea eggs: fall off wherever your pet goes – this could be anywhere in the house, but particularly on their favourite sleeping spot…
- Flea larvae: flea eggs hatch into larvae in your pet’s bedding, carpets and soft furnishings.
- Flea pupae: lay dormant before hatching into fleas, which can be for up to 140 days until the right conditions arrive!
Did you know that just one female flea can lay up to 50 eggs a day? That means a single flea can easily infest your pet and your home!
And they’re not just a gross, itchy nuisance. If left untreated, fleas, ticks and worm infestations can be potentially dangerous, not only for our pets, but for us too.
But if you follow the correct tips and know when to treat and when to prevent, you can rid your home and your pets of fleas, ticks and worms once and for all.
How is Bob Martin Clear Plus different from Clear?
Bob Martin Clear products:
- Kills adult fleas and ticks
- Kills fleas for up to 5 weeks (cats) / 8 weeks (dogs)
- Kills ticks for within 1 week (cats) / For up to 4 weeks (dogs)
- No direct action on the home
Whilst Bob Martin Clear Plus products:
- Kill flea eggs for up to 4/8 weeks
- Kill adult fleas for up to 4/8 weeks
- Prevent re-infestation
- Break the flea lifecycle by killing flea eggs
- Action on the pet and in the immediate surroundings
Bob Martin Clear Plus kills fleas and their eggs, on the pet and in their immediate surroundings. It contains S-methoprene, an advanced insect growth regulator (IGR), which:
- Kills flea eggs, larvae and pupae on the pet and immediate surroundings
- Protects you pet from further infestation
- Protects immediate surroundings from further infestation
- Breaks the flea lifecycle
Clear Plus not only kills adult fleas, ticks and biting lice, but also breaks the flea life cycle, by killing flea eggs and therefore stopping them from developing into adult fleas.
If you’re worried about infestations on your pet, please consult your vet.