Bob Martin Clear Wormer for Cats and Kittens - 2 Tablets
- An effective, one-dose treatment against the most common types of worms, roundworm and tapeworm
- Specially developed to make worming easy
- Suitable for cats and kittens over 12 weeks of age
- Clinically proven
Bob Martin Clear Wormer Tablets for Cats and Kittens is a fast and effective treatment against all common types of intestinal worm that can normally infect cats in the UK. Most infected cats do not show signs of having worms; however, heavy burdens of worms can cause weight loss, vomiting and diarrhoea and failure to thrive.
Clinically proven, the tablets help to keep your cat healthy and worm-free when used routinely.
Effective from the first dose in eradicating tapeworms and roundworms.
How to use
- For animal treatment only.
- Weigh your cat carefully before calculating the dose.
- Give 1 tablet per 4 kg (9 lbs) bodyweight.
- The coated tablets should be given directly but if necessary, can be disguised in food.
- The tablets are scored into halves to enable a range of weights to be treated.
Weight of your cat:
- 1-2 kg: ½ tablet
- Greater than 2 kg up to 4 kg: 1 tablet
- Greater than 4 kg up to 6 kg: 1 ½ tablets
- Greater than 6 kg: 2 tablets
For best results:
- There is no permanent treatment for worms.
- Veterinarians recommend that weaned kittens over 12 weeks old and adult cats should be wormed every 3 months as a routine measure.
- It is also important to remove sources of possible re-infection such as fleas and mice.
- If more frequent treatment is required and for advice on worming kittens less than 12 weeks old, consult a veterinary surgeon or a suitably qualified person
Each pipette contains 20mg praziquantel:
- Praziquantel prevents newly hatched worms from growing or multiplying inside the body.
SPECIAL WARNINGS FOR USE IN ANIMALS
- For external use only.
- Do not use on cats weighing less than 1 kg bodyweight.
- Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance.
- There are no contraindications against use during pregnancy and lactation.
- Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the eyes or mouth of the recipient animal.
- Occasionally a transient local reaction may be observed at the application site following treatment.
- The product is bitter tasting and if the cat licks the site of application salivation may occur. This is not a sign of intoxication and will disappear within a few minutes of treatment.
- Overdosing can lead to slight skin reactions which disappear without treatment within a few days.
- If signs of disease persist or appear consult a veterinary surgeon.
- The product can be an irritant to the skin and eyes.
- Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the skin or eyes.
- If accidental contact with the skin or eyes occurs, wash off any skin contamination with soap and water immediately. Rinse the affected eyes thoroughly with clean, fresh water.
- In the event of skin or eye contact, seek medical advice if irritation persists and show the Doctor this package.
- Do not stroke or groom animals until the area of application is dry (typically around 1 hour after application).
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.
- Keep product in the outer carton.
- Store away from food, drink and animal food.
- Keep recently treated pets away from varnished, polished, plastic or leather surfaces.
KEEP OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN
- Do not remove tablets from strip packing until required for use.
- Any remaining half tablets should be discarded.
- Do not use this veterinary medicinal product after the expiry date which is stated on the blister and carton after EXP.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Keep foil blister in outer carton.
- Disposal: Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
How We Compare
|Product||Spot on Solution||Kills Tapeworm||Effective in One Dose||Available In All Major Supermarkets||In-store Self Selection||Prescription Required||Active Ingredients||More Than 125 Years of Expertise|
|ProductBob Martin Clear||Spot on SolutionYes||Kills TapewormYes||Effective in One Dose||Available In All Major Supermarkets||In-store Self Selection||Prescription Required||Active IngredientsPraziquantel, pyrantel embonate||More Than 125 Years of Expertise Yes|
|ProductAdvocate Spot On||Spot on Solution||Kills Tapeworm||Effective in One Dose||Available In All Major Supermarkets||In-store Self Selection||Prescription Required||Active IngredientsImidacloprid, Moxidectin||More Than 125 Years of Expertise|
|ProductDrontal Tablets||Spot on Solution||Kills Tapeworm||Effective in One Dose||Available In All Major Supermarkets||In-store Self Selection||Prescription Required||Active IngredientsPraziquantel, Pyrantel||More Than 125 Years of Expertise|
|ProductJohnson One Dose Wormer||Spot on Solution||Kills Tapeworm||Effective in One Dose||Available In All Major Supermarkets||In-store Self Selection||Prescription Required||Active IngredientsPraziquantel, Pyrantel||More Than 125 Years of Expertise|